Storytelling as Marketing Strategy:
Storytelling has always played a major role in framing the culture and traditions of the society we live in. It has emerged as a powerful tool in making the people know about certain aspects of religion, culture, beliefs, traditions and civilizations. Today in the world of technology and competition storytelling has come up as a major means of convincing people about the things of concern. The Storytelling Marketing is one of such methods which is widely used and accepted in the main stream.
Marketing has always been about telling good stories. Storytelling Marketing involves letting the customers know about certain product or the firm. How the product is presented to the customers largely depends on good and impressive storytelling. Therefore it is very crucial for the storyteller to have skills and talent for delivering a good product story. In Storytelling Marketing, a good product story has always been one of its chief goals. The basic characteristics of a good product story are:
- Clear illustration of the product’s unique value- For this purpose a great story which highlights the distinct feature or value of the product should be presented to the customers.
- Easy, short and memorable story- The storyteller who is assigned with the duty of Storytelling Marketing should always try to keep the story short, easy and memorable.
- Significant to target customers- The story that the storyteller delivers should be significant to the target customers.
- Story with Concrete results- The results of story should always be ideally quantifiable and concrete.
Kinds of Stories :
- Customer Success- Mention of a customer who has greatly benefited from the product or services that company offered can prove to be very helpful while Storytelling Marketing.
- Competitive Win- You can always deliver stories about how you are better than others in the competition.
- Product Creation- These are generally those types of stories which gives an answer to the question ‘why buy this product from us’.