Effective Storytelling Tips :
Storytelling is a vital aspect of our society and has helped in building cultures and traditions we follow today. Storytelling has been practiced since ancient times and several stories were written in the form of texts and scriptures. Some of these ancient scriptures managed to survive the passage of time and were found well preserved in several places.
Storytelling generally consists of narrating stories that are quite famous in form of folk tale, mythologies, legends, fairy tales, etc. These stories are not only interesting, but also deliver a message of moral value. The most important aspect of storytelling is the way it is delivered. A good storyteller with a proper use of Storytelling Tips always narrates stories in an interesting and fascinating manner. In this article we will discuss about some of the Storytelling Tips, which can come quite handy for those who want to learn effective storytelling.
These Storytelling Tips are as follow:
- A storyteller can used either visual methods or auditory methods, depending on which of these two he is good at.
- You can always create your own style or voice which can appeal to the listeners.
- Always try to tell stories that you love the most.
- Do not hesitate while telling a story over and over again. The more you repeat the story, the more you will get good at it.
- Make it a daily habit to practice storytelling.
- While practicing focus on the rhythm and tone of your voice, which you will need to change according to the situation in the story.
- All the stories have a beginning, middle and the end. You can point out the major incidents in the story and create suspense, funny moments and excitement.
- Always choose that story which has a strong and good ending.
- While narrating a story try to make eye contact with your listeners.
- Use gestures and expressions while narrating a story to bring life to the character or situation in the story.